[ofa-general] Re: [ewg] OFED March 24 meeting summary on OFED 1.4 plans

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 21:17:54 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Tang, Changqing <changquing.tang at hp.com> wrote:

>  The problem is, from MPI side, (and by default), we don't know which port is on which
>  fabric, since the subnet prefix is the same. We rely on system admin to config two
>  different subnet prefixes for HP-MPI to work.
>
>  No vendor has claimed to support this.

CQ, not supporting a different subnet prefix per IB subnet is against
IB nature, I don't think there
should be any problem to configure a different prefix at each open SM
instance and the Linux host stack
would work perfectly under this config. If you are a ware to any
problem in the opensm and/or the host stack
please let the community know and the maintainers will fix it.

Or.