[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] resolve conflict between OFED 1.3 and 2.6.18 with ISCSI

Erez Zilber erezz at voltaire.com
Mon Apr 14 06:50:10 PDT 2008

>> Is qla4xxx the only problem that you have with open-iscsi in OFED?
>>

> Looking through the kernel Kconfig files, it does appear that
> SCSI_QLA_ISCSI is the only driver needing SCSI_ISCSI_ATTRS that isn't in
> the OFED 1.3 release.

I'm not sure if there's a real demand for this transport for OFED users,
is there? Adding qla4xxx will require backport patches for all supported
distros, and we don't have the HW to test it. Therefore, unless it's
really important for enough OFED users, I don't think that we should add it.

BTW - I don't mind if other people add the required code to OFED 1.4 for
qla4xxx support.

Erez