[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] resolve conflict between OFED 1.3 and 2.6.18 with ISCSI

Erez Zilber erezz at Voltaire.COM
Mon Apr 14 23:25:51 PDT 2008

> >> BTW - I don't mind if other people add the required code to OFED
> 1.4 for
> >> qla4xxx support.
> >>

> > ~sigh~  Yeah.
> >
> > I wonder how many (if any) of our userbase we are going to upset if we
> > cease providing the qla4xxx driver in our kernels.  On the other hand, I
> > wonder how many we'd upset by not providing iSER and the newer
> > open-iscsi modules.
> >

> Yeah, I understand. Let me get back to you on this issue.

Brian,

Voltaire will not be able to add qla4xxx support to open-iscsi in OFED
1.4. I understand that this may be important for some people, so if you
(or anyone else) wants to add it, we can help with some info about
open-iscsi and its backports & scripts in OFED (but we can't do the
backports and testing ourselves).

Erez