FW: [ewg] SPAM emails

Jeff Becker Jeffrey.C.Becker at nasa.gov
Thu Apr 24 13:00:24 PDT 2008

I did see it, and have also been unhappy about the recent increase in
spam. We do run spamassassin and amavis (for virus checking) on the
server. However, configuring these is an ongoing project, as the
attackers figure out how to get around whatever rules we do have. It's
also somewhat hit and miss, e.g., sometimes, I'll clamp down the rules
and then perfectly valid and important posts get blocked. I'm happy to
look at this again, but it might be useful to inquire at John Companies
if they can supply a hardware firewall such as Barracuda. I think that's
what NASA uses, as I see these spams in my quarantine daily.

-jeff