[ewg] OFED meeting agenda for today (Aug 11, 2008)

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Aug 12 09:52:00 PDT 2008

OFED meeting summary for Aug 11, 2008 on OFED 1.4 beta readiness

1. OFED 1.4 status:
   OFED daily build is now based on kernel 2.6.27-rc1.
   iSER is disabled until backports are done (in 2-3 weeks)
   NFS/RDMA - no backport for distros yet

2. Beta release:
   - Tasks for the beta:
     - IPoIB intermediate bug fix
     - CMA fix from Steve (after approval from maintainers)
     - mlx_4 changes for RAW QP
     - Fix driver hang on RHEL4
     - New code for ex_qp - from Voltaire (mainly user space changes)
   - The beta date: will be end of this week or early next week
depending on progress of the above tasks.
   - Most important - no new features should be added after the beta
release.

3. Testing description:
   I got descriptions from Voltaire, Intel and Mellanox
   All companies are requested to submit

4. OS supported:
   - We will add RHEL 4.7. Probably to RC1.
   - RHEL 4.4 - compilation and basic testing only; to be dropped at
next OFED release

5. Suggestion for OS EOL policy:
   In version X we declare the OS is moved to "partially supported"
state: Meaning compilation and basic tests only
   In X+1 version it will not be supported at all

Tziporet