[ewg] OFED meeting agenda for today (Aug 25, 2008)

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Aug 26 07:10:13 PDT 2008

OFED meeting summary for Aug 25, 2008 on 1.4 status and schedule

- 1.4 beta was done on Aug 21
- Agreed on release schedule: GA is expected at mid-late Oct
- We will have weekly meetings starting Sep 8
- Decided on SCO8 OFA BOF subjects

Details:
========
1. OFED 1.4 status:
   - Beta was done on Aug 21
   - Based on kernel 2.6.27-rc4
   - RHEL 4.7 is supported
   Still missing:
   - iSER (disabled from OFED now) - Will be ready by end of this
week/beginning of next week
   - NFS/RDMA - SLES 10 almost done and should be merged soon; next will
work on RHEL5.1
   - MVAPICH2 1.1 - Should be ready this week
   - Open MPI 1.3 - Decided to integrate 1.2.7 now since 1.3 beta is not
ready yet.
                    If 1.3 will become stable soon we may switch later
   - Extended QP verb - Voltaire and Mellanox to close this week

   Bugs: Tziporet will assign all bugs without assignee.
         In our next meeting we will review all bugs and decide which
should be fixed

2. OFED 1.4 schedule:
     The RCs plan:
     - RC1            - Sept  3, 2008
     - RC2            - Sept 17, 2008
     - RC3            - Sept 25, 2008
     - more RCs - as needed
     - GA             - mid-late October (based on bugs we will decide
to fix)

   This schedule meets the Interop event needs: RC on Sep 22, and GA by
October 29.

3. OFA BOF in SC08:
   Subject we will cover:
   - Overview of OFED 1.4
   - OFED status in Linux distros
   - Overview of WinOF 2.0
   - Update of things we decided in Sonoma
   - Some time for feedback from the audience: Q&A and ideas/features
for the future

   Woody & Betsy will coordinate this on September (need to work with
Gilad to get the Windows data)

4. OFA server upgrade update:
   Server is ready but Jeff B. does not have time due to the NFS/RDMA
backports.
   Need to see if he can get help with administration.

Tziporet