[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] Please send all patches for OFED 1.3 rc4 by end of Monday (Feb 4)

Shirley Ma xma at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 4 08:01:15 PST 2008

Hello Tziporet,

      Eli has reviewed the IPoIB-UD 4K mtu patchset. He suggested an
alternative way (reserve one buffer for all header including GRH,
IPoIB-ethernet, IP header, TCP header, and leave the user data in other
buffer) for the implementation but This approach can't avoid if condition
check without changing IPoIB-2K MTU implementation. And I am not sure
whether or how much  performance gain from this approach, it's pretty risky
to change IPoIB-2K MTU at this moment.

      I would like to keep my approach, and will limit to one "if need-S/G
check" in fast path. and I have passed stress test for both mthca and ehca
in the past few days. I don't see any issues for OFED-1.3 RC3.  Do you
agree to include this IPoIB-UD 4K MTU patch into OFED-1.3 RC4? I need to
regerate this patch today since Eli's small messages size patch has been in
Git tree.

Thanks
Shirley