[ewg] [Fwd: Re: [ofa-general] Problem with latest OFED 1.3 build... IPoIB and iPATH]

Shirley Ma mashirle at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 7 08:29:59 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 18:16 -0800, Ralph Campbell wrote:
> # cat /etc/*release
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5 (Tikanga)
> # uname -r
> 2.6.18-8.el5
>
> 4K PAGE_SIZE
I don't have ipath driver here. Otherwise I could try them out.

A couple suggestions here, could you please try out?

1. try this on 64K page size, like RHEL5U1 to see whether you have the
same issue.

2. Can you put a debug message in ipath_create_ah() to see whether this
is a memory allocation failure?

3. How many IB cards in your system? If you have severals, just leave
one ipath there to see whether you can hit this problem.

Thanks
Shirley