[ewg] Re: [Stgt-devel] [ANNOUNCE] open iSCSI over iSER target RPM is available

Erez Zilber erezz at Voltaire.COM
Sun Feb 10 06:12:43 PST 2008

Bart Van Assche wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2008 3:41 PM, Erez Zilber <erezz at voltaire.com> wrote:
>
>> stgt (SCSI target) is an open-source framework for storage target
>> drivers. It supports iSCSI over iSER among other storage target drivers.
>>
>> Voltaire added a git tree for stgt that will be added to OFED 1.4:
>> http://www2.openfabrics.org/git/?p=~dorons/tgt.git;a=summary
>>
>> Until OFED 1.4 gets released, it is possible to install the stgt RPM on
>> top of OFED 1.3. For more details about how to install and use stgt,
>> please refer to https://wiki.openfabrics.org/tiki-index.php?page=ISER-target
>>
>> Some performance numbers that were measured by OSC (using SDR cards):
>>
>>     * READ: 920 MB/sec
>>     * WRITE: 850 MB/sec
>>
>> We hope to have DDR measurements numbers soon.
>>

> Hello Erez,
>
> Can you please post more information about how these numbers were
> obtained (test program and configuration parameters) ?
>
> Bart Van Assche.

I will post more info. As mentioned above, I still didn't have a chance
to run performance tests myself. The numbers are taken from measurements
done in OSC by Pete Wyckoff.

Anyway, after I run the performance tests (also on DDR cards), I will
post instructions in the wiki page.

Erez