[ewg] [OFED-1.3rc4 PATCH 0/3] IB/srp: bring OFED SRP initiator up-to-date with 2.6.25rc

David Dillow dillowda at ornl.gov
Mon Feb 11 07:13:09 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 11:31 +0200, Tziporet Koren wrote:
> David Dillow wrote:
> > [resending to ewg from general as suggested by Or Gerlitz; you are
> > probably getting this twice, and I apologize.]
> >
> > This series of patches adds the fixes and enhancements that have been
> > applied to the 2.6.25-to-be kernel. The first patch to respect the
> > credit limits is a correctness issue, and will avoid performance cliffs
> > on hardware in the field. The rest make sysadmin's lives easier, but can
> > be held back if need be.
> >
> > These have been built and lightly tested against the ofed_kernel git
> > repository as of Friday morning.
> >
> Have you tested with make_dist.sh to make sure its compiles on all OSes
> and no backports needed?

No; I'll look into what it'll take to set up a test environment here,
since I don't have ready access to all of the supported OSes.

The first patch, respect credit limit, depends on nothing outside of the
SRP initiator, and shouldn't pose a backport issue at all. The other two
do call functions outside of the initiator and will need to be
validated.

Only the first patch is a pure bug fix, and I think we should push for
it -- the others can wait.
--
Dave Dillow
National Center for Computational Science