[ewg] Trying to install ibutils (from OFED-1.3)

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Sat Feb 16 15:40:42 PST 2008

On 14:45 Sat 16 Feb     , Pradeep Satyanarayana wrote:
> I am trying to install ibutils using the OFED-1.3-20080215-0600 build.
> I tried the following :
> ./configure --without-osm
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
> checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
> configure: Using OSM from:no
> configure: OSM: used from no
> configure: OSM: build type gen1
> configure: error: OSM: Fail to recognize vendor type

I don't think you can build ibutils without OpenSM libraries and include
files. At least ibutils/ibis tries to use OpenSM header files
unconditionally.

> Why is it looking for OSM, even though I asked to it to configure
> without OSM.

I think --with-osm option is used only to specify where OpenSM is
located.

> And why dos it state gen1?

When failed to detect it ibutils "thinks" it is in IBGold somewhere.

> How do I rectify this? Any help would be appreciated.

I think you need to install at least opensm-libs and opensm-devel
packages.

Sasha