[ewg] Re: RDMA/nes: Fix vlan support

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Sun Feb 17 15:16:35 PST 2008

Thanks, applied.  Overall this is very clean (one of the best
formatted patches I've gotten in a while ;), but scripts/checkpatch.pl
does complain:

    WARNING: __func__ should be used instead of gcc specific __FUNCTION__
    #83: FILE: drivers/infiniband/hw/nes/nes_nic.c:1504:
    +       nes_debug(NES_DBG_NETDEV, "%s: %s\n", __FUNCTION__, netdev->name);

I edited this by hand when I applied, but to partially answer your
question from your other email, one thing to do when submitting
patches is to run them through checkpatch.pl and consider the output.
You don't have to fix everything it flags, but at least think about
whether there's a good reason not to fix it (and there often is a good
reason to ignore the false positives it flags).

 - R.