[ewg] Re: Please sned me pathces to release notes for OFED 1.3

Olaf Kirch olaf.kirch at oracle.com
Tue Feb 19 07:25:58 PST 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008 16:04, you wrote:
> Tziporet, attached in an updated release release notes for RDS v3.
>
> Olaf, may want to add more..

> RDS socket API.  It provides reliable, in-order datagram delivery between
> sockets over a variety of transports.
> For details see RDS.README.txt and man 7 rds.
> Also available at: http://oss.oracle.com/projects/rds/dist/documentation/rds.7.txt

The URL is no longer valid. I'd suggest we point people at the
manpage in rds-tools, or RDS_README.txt (which has a formatted
copy).

> RHEL4.0 Update 3,4,5

I think OFED is supported on updates 4,5,6.

> RDS V3 adds support for RDMA opertions.
[...]
> See man 7 rds for more details.

Actually, the zerocopy API is described in rds-rdma(7). How about

"See the rds(7) and rds-rdma(7) manpages included in rds-tools"

Otherwise, I have no additions.

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax