[ewg] RDS problematic on RC2

Johann George johann.george at qlogic.com
Wed Jan 16 19:15:53 PST 2008

We've been testing the OFED 1.3 pre-releases on a 12 node cluster here
at UNH-IOL.  RDS seemed largely functional (other than problems we
were aware of) on OFED 1.3 RC1.  When we installed RC2, RDS stopped
working.  A dmesg indicates the following message repeatedly on the
console:

RDS/IB: completion on 10.1.1.205 had status 9, disconnecting and reconnecting

Note that this is using RDS over IB.  Our minimal experience with the
non-IB version of RDS was worse.  We only tried it with RC1 and it
crashed one of the two machines almost instantly.

Johann