[ewg] RDS problematic on RC2

Olaf Kirch olaf.kirch at oracle.com
Thu Jan 17 00:03:05 PST 2008

On Thursday 17 January 2008 04:15, Johann George wrote:
> RDS/IB: completion on 10.1.1.205 had status 9, disconnecting and reconnecting
>
> Note that this is using RDS over IB.  Our minimal experience with the
> non-IB version of RDS was worse.  We only tried it with RC1 and it
> crashed one of the two machines almost instantly.

Oh, and if you're using RDMA - does this happen to be with qlogic HCAs?
If so, I just received a patch from Ralph Campbell with some fixes to the
way we set up out DMA mapping.

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax