[ewg] RE: [ofa-general] OFED Jan 14 meeting summary on RC2readiness

Gleb Natapov glebn at voltaire.com
Wed Jan 23 06:11:38 PST 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 03:04:39PM -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
>  > > I guess you mean just implement XRC without allowing multiple
>  > > processes to share an XRC domain?  That actually seems like a sensible
>  > > thing to implement as well...
>  >
>  > This is part of the current XRC implementation -- just give -1 as the fd value
>  > in ibv_open_xrc_domain().
>
> I *think* Gleb's point was that the XRC implementation could be much
> simpler if this were the *only* case supported -- you wouldn't need
> all the complexity of kernel receive QPs etc I guess.  Gleb, is that
> what you meant?
Yes that exactly what I meant. Just to clarify my position on XRC API. I
am not against it (even if I think that usefulness of sharing QPs between
processes is overestimated why should I be right?), I just want to be sure
that it will not be changed in a couple of month after release of OFED 1.3
because kernel people will not except it into the kernel as is.

--
			Gleb.