[ewg] OFED Jan 28 meeting summary on RC3 readiness

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Jan 29 04:21:40 PST 2008

OFED Jan 28 meeting summary on RC3 readiness:
=====================================

1. OFED 1.3 readiness toward RC3 this week
*	RC3 is based on the official 2.6.24 release
*	RC3 is expected on Wed
*	RC4 is planned for Feb 13

2. All companies update:
*	IBM - ready for RC3
*	Voltaire - ready for RC3
*	Qlogic - ready for RC3; will work on bug 874
*	Intel - things looks good. Need some uDAPL update from Arlin
*	Chelsio - ready for RC3
*	NetEffect - ready for RC3
*	Cisco - reported all issues in bugzilla
*	Mellanox - ready for RC3
*	MPI - all packages are ready

3. Request to change IPoIB to support CM without SRQ and 4K MTU
	Decided that we cannot insert such enhancements at this stage
(RC3 built today) without delaying the release since IPoIB is a critical
ULP used by all customers.
	Since we do not want to delay the release and we wish to have a
solution for the new IPoIB enhancements we plan to have 1.3.1 release
	AIs:
	Tziporet to define the 1.3.1 release (scope of changes, schedule
etc.)
	Vlad: open 1_3_1 branch so people will have a place to commit
changes. We will not start any daily build before 1.3 release

3. Review high priority bugs:
846 	critical 	jim at mellanox.com 	SDP crash on RHEL5 ppc64
running netserver			- will be debugged
859 	critical 	monis at voltaire.com 	Bonding configuration on
Sles10 sp1 is not loaded consistently	- fixed
863 	critical 	monis at voltaire.com 	ib-bonding won't compile
for RHEL4 U6				- fixed
874 	critical 	rjwalsh at pathscale.com 	Intel MPI (IMB test)
hangs intermittently on the qlogic HCA	- will be debugged by Qlogic
760 	major 	eli at mellanox.co.il 	UDP performance on Rx is lower
than Tx				- for 1.3.1
761 	major 	eli at mellanox.co.il 	Poor and jittery UDP performance
at small messages		- for 1.3.1
869 	major 	orenk at dev.mellanox.co.il 	mstflint won't build on
SLES10 x86			- fixed
736 	major 	rolandd at cisco.com 	IBV_WC_RETRY_EXC_ERR errors with
local rdma_reads		- seems a FW issue (Mellanox to debug)
767 	major 	swise at opengridcomputing.com 	Non backport Kernels
that don't build in genalloc cause compile errors for cxgb3 - no fix
(document)

Tziporet