[ewg] OFED 1.3 new schedule

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Thu Jan 31 08:40:34 PST 2008

Hi All,

Due to feedback we got regarding Redhat inclusion of OFED 1.3 in RHEL
5.2 and 4.7 we are changing the release schedule
(See the thread on OFED Jan 28 meeting summary on RC3 readiness)

This is the new schedule:

    * RC3 - done (30-Jan)
    * RC4 - Feb 6
    * RC5 - Feb 18 <== Gold
    * GA - Feb 25

RC4 should include:

   1. Critical and major bug fixes
   2. IPoIB: Non-SRQ for CM mode
   3. IPOIB: 4K MTU - assuming this will converge in few days

To make sure we can do it without more slips the following procedure
should be used:
1. Every patch that is sent to OFED will include not only the kernel
code against 2.6.24 but also the backport patches
2. Send me the patch for approval including explanation what is the
reason for this patch
3. Do not mix code cleanup in a patch that fix some critical bug

Thanks,
Tziporet