[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] soft lockup in the kernel mad layer

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Wed Jul 2 06:45:09 PDT 2008

Or Gerlitz wrote:
> Yet another evidence on the confusion created by the existence of two
> trains carrying IB bits. Both a fix or feature can be here but not
> there in a given time frame.

I disagree here.
This patch was only accepted  to 2.6.25 so we have not missed it since
we were based on 2.6.24 (and yes this bug was in the kernel too)
In next version (1.4) the fix would be inside in any case.
The only thing is that we sometime take patches from newer kernel to
OFED especially bug fixes.

Tziporet