[ewg] July 14 OFED meeting summary on OFED 1.4 features completeness status

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Jul 15 04:57:59 PDT 2008

OFED meeting summary for July 14, 2008 on 1.4 features completeness
status
==

- Most of components are ready for the feature freeze of OFED 1.4
- We should have alpha release next week.

Details:
========
OFED 1.4 feature readiness for the freeze:
    - Kernel base 2.6.27 (start with 2.6.26) - 2.6.26 done, will move to
2.6.27 when rc1 available
    - Multi-Protocol support, Eth and IB for ConnectX - all patches
submitted, to be merged this week
    - NFS-RDMA - kernel 2.6.26 done. Distros backports not ready yet.
Will start with SLES10 and then RHEL5.1
    - iSer Target - on work; merge should start this week
    - New iWARP verbs (fast memory thru send queue, local invalidate
send
      work requests, Read with invalidate) - done in 2.6.27, will need
backports when we move
    - IPoIB (LRO and RSS) - LRO - in 2.6.27, RSS - patches to be sent
this week
    - RDS iWARP support - In progress. Still need to debug fastreg
usage, but first merge has been done into Olaf's tree.
    - SDP (GA) - patches were sent, merged to OFED tree
    - Raw QP support with ConnectX - under testing
    - uDAPL - socket cm for scalability - done. UD extensions will be
done end of week.
    - OpenSM - code freeze of openSM can be later since it's a closed
user level apps.
    - ibnetdiscover library - accelerate other tools.
    - Congestion Control - code in ibutils done; under testing
    - MVAPICH 1.1 - Should have tarball by end of the month
    - MVAPICH2 1.2 - Should have tarball by end of the month
    - OpenMPI 1.3 - do not yet have beta tarballs for OMPI v1.3. Might
be able to get some for the OFED v1.4

    - Backports status:
	- ipath driver - RHEL5, SLES10 and all kernels below 2.6.18 -
Qlogic - to be completed by end of the week
	- NFSoRDMA - we need at least RHEL5 and SLES 10 - Jeff Backer -
on work
	- EHCA: SLES10/SP1/SP2 - IBM - done

Other topics:
*  Woody raised the question of Dev-Con at SC08.
   Conclusion was that we do not see a need for a special event, but a
meeting for one or two hours of all
   developers that will come to SC08 is a good idea.

*  New server setup:
   Jeff updated us that the new server arrived.
   The request is to move to the new server in 1-2 weeks.

Meetings minutes on the web:
http://www.openfabrics.org/txt/documentation/linux/EWG_meeting_minutes/

Tziporet