[ewg] RE: List of libraries in OFED

Betsy Zeller betsy.zeller at qlogic.com
Fri Jul 25 17:54:56 PDT 2008

I've gotten a lot of feedback that the division of libraries into
"private" and "public" is quite helpful.

>From what I've heard, there are currently applications using:
- libopensm
- libosmcomp
- libosmvendor
- libibcommon

Now that it is well understood that these libraries are intended to be
private, developers can move away from using them. But, in the meantime
it would be helpful if any major planned changes in these could be
posted to the list.

I've also heard it suggested that it would be easier to avoid some
issues with private libraries if they were not in the standard compiler
search path. There are pros and cons to deciding to move them, but I
thought I would mention the suggestion.

Thanks for putting together and publishing the list.

- Betsy