[ewg] Compatibility in OFED

John Russo john.russo at qlogic.com
Tue Jun 3 08:23:27 PDT 2008

QLogic is going to deal with the problem by working to decouple
ourselves from this particular library.

I initially raised the point as a general "heads-up" that there was at
least one case where tools were broken because of a library change.  The
community needs to understand that not every user of the OFED offering
is going to be monitoring the threads and any change that 'breaks' a
user's script etc. will cause some backlash.