[ewg] Re: ofed 1.4 kernel git tree

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Mon Jun 16 03:12:02 PDT 2008

Tziporet Koren wrote:
> Steve Wise wrote:
>> Never mind.  I see it is at 2.6.26-rc1 at least.  But when I do a git
>> tag -l it doesn't show the 2.6.26 tag?
> Vlad will upgrade to latest 2.6.26 rc soon

Tziporet,

For simplicity, process transparency and following the decisions in
Sonoma - as the next version is to be based on 2.6.27 why not base the
1.4 kernel git tree on the for-2.6.27 branch of Roland's tree until
2.6.27-rc1 is out?

Why at this point we have forty three kernel patches? my understanding
is that other then the local-sa and xrc, two features which are not
upstream as of lack of consensus on their implementation, there should
be clean table here.

Eli, specifically, ipoib wise, I guess we agree that the lesson from the
previous version should be learned... does anything prevent you from
pushing the ipoib patches to Roland or removing them from ofed?

Or.