[ewg] IBV_WR_RDMA_WRITE_WITH_IMM problem

Matthew Small matthewtsmall at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 15:31:33 PST 2008

I am attempting to perform an RDMA write which will create WQE's on both the
source and sink of the operation.  I may be incorrect, but my understanding
is that when one performs an RDMA write w/ imm and sets the solicited flag
that this will create a WQE in the receivers CQ.  So I post a send and set
the IBV_WR_RDMA_WRITE_WITH_IMM opcode, and the signaled and solicited flags
then poll on both the sender and receiver to get the elements out of the CQ
(I have no completion channel).  HANG.  No WQE appear on either side.  Now,
if I switch the opcode to a IBV_WR_RDMA_WRITE the send WQE appears in the
sender's CQ and, obviously, the receiver CQ is empty (hangs).  Can anyone
suggest what I am doing wrong?

-Matt