[ewg] Re: cannot install SCST with SRP support

Doron Shoham dorons at Voltaire.COM
Mon Mar 3 21:45:29 PST 2008

Vu Pham wrote:
>> 2. I have also installed OFED1.3 with srpt.
>>
>> but I cannot load the following modules:
>>
>> modprobe scsi_tgt
>> FATAL: Module scsi_tgt not found.
>>

> This is the error in the SRPT_README.txt - it should say
> *modprobe scst*  instead scsi_tgt

Thanks for the answer but when trying to follow example 1:

Example 1: working with real back-end scsi disks
a. modprobe scsi_tgt (I changed it to modprobe scst)
b. modprobe scst_disk
c. cat /proc/scsi_tgt/scsi_tgt

I got:

a. modprobe scst
b. modprobe scst_disk
FATAL: Error inserting scst_disk (/lib/modules/2.6.16.21-0.8-smp/extra/dev_handlers/scst_disk.ko): No such device

c. cat /proc/scsi_tgt/scsi_tgt
Device (host:ch:id:lun or name)                             Device handler
0:0:0:0                                                     none
1:0:0:0                                                     none
2:0:1:0                                                     none
4:0:1:0                                                     none
2:0:1:1                                                     none
4:0:1:1                                                     none
2:0:1:2                                                     none
4:0:1:2                                                     none
2:0:1:3                                                     none
4:0:1:3                                                     none
2:0:1:4                                                     none
4:0:1:4                                                     none
2:0:1:5                                                     none
4:0:1:5                                                     none
2:0:1:6                                                     none
4:0:1:6                                                     none
4:0:1:7                                                     none
2:0:1:7                                                     none
4:0:1:8                                                     none
2:0:1:8                                                     none

Doesn't the Device handler need to be dev_disk?