[ewg] Re: cannot install SCST with SRP support

Doron Shoham dorons at Voltaire.COM
Sun Mar 9 05:15:27 PDT 2008

Vu Pham wrote:

> In order to run with *scst_disk* you need to patch and rebuild the
> kernel. Please follow SCST readme to do this task
>
> If you don't want to patch and rebuild the kernel, you can run with
> *scst_vdisk* and get the same performance. I attach here an example to
> setup *scst_vdisk*
>
>    -vu

Can you please explain me what is the differences between scst_disk and scst_vdisk?
Is there any way to config SCST to work with RAM device (instead of working with a real
scsi device)?

Thanks,
Doron