[ewg] Re: ofed 1.3 wrapup/sync with mainline

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Mon Mar 24 05:37:19 PDT 2008

Tziporet Koren wrote:
> Or Gerlitz wrote:
>> Before going into the features of the next release, I think we want
>> to hear each of the companies being signed on patches which were not
>> pushed upstream among the ones present under kernel_patches/fixes
>> (below), stating its plan for pushing them to the mainline kernel.
>>
> I agree this is important but best if this will be done in the mailing
> list
> The process already started and we should review and make sure
> everything that can go to mainline kernel will be there

With ofed having a hundred and seventy patches in its "fixes" directory,
saying that the merge plan/statement of each vendor can be discussed
through email, where the features for the next version will be discussed
over the phone, is a clear statement that this merge is in second and
below priority compared to the next version features.

I say that best if each vendor which is signed on a patch set from the
170 patches, makes a comment today at the meeting what is their merge
plan. It would take five to ten minutes.

Or.