[ewg] Agenda for the OFED meeting today (May 5)

Olaf Kirch olaf.kirch at oracle.com
Mon May 5 05:50:08 PDT 2008

Hi Tziporet,

> 			RDS fixes for RDMA API - done

As an update, I just sent Vlad a bugfix for a RDMA related
crash in RDS. It would be cool if that could be included in
1.3.1.

I am also currently testing three more bugfix patches;
two of them related to dma_sync related issues, and one patch
to reduce the latency of RDS RDMA notifications (a process
expects a notification from the kernel that tells it when it's
okay to release the RDMA buffer - the current code tries to
give a reliable status at the expense of one round-trip; this
turns out to be too slow for some purposes).

It is not yet clear however which (if any) of these three
pending patches will make OFED 1.3.1.

Regards,
Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax