[ewg] OFED May 29, 08 meeting summary

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue May 20 07:59:34 PDT 2008

OFED May 29, 08 meeting summary

1. OFED 1.3.1:
   1.1 Schedule: decided to delay rc2 in two days to enable more IPoIB
bug fixes.
	rc1 - done on May 6
	rc2 - May 22
	GA  - May 29
   1.2 OS support:
	SLES10 SP2 backports were done (thanks to Moshe from Voltaire)
	There is a request fro RHEL 5.2 - we still look for a volunteer
to add the backports
   1.3 Bugs status
	Please set release version 1.3.1 for all bugs that should be
resolved in 1.3.1
	We decided these are the bugs that should be fixed for 1.3.1:

1027	normal	sashak at voltaire.com	kernel panic in mad.c
handle_outgoing_dr_smp with RESULT_CONSUMED
	Qlogic should check
1032	critical	vu at mellanox.com	      RHEL  5.1 and OFED 1.3
cannot write IO blocks greater than 1024.
	Mellanox to check
1038	normal	eli at mellanox.co.il	Kernel panic while running
tcp/ip ltp tests
	Under debug
1040	normal	jackm at mellanox.co.il	Kernel Oops during "port up/down
test"
	A fix was provided
1041	normal	vlad at mellanox.co.il	Install Failed with memtrack
flag in the conf file
	To be fixed
1042	normal	vlad at mellanox.co.il	ofed-1.3.1 install fails
	To be fixed
1004  major       eli at mellanox.co.il      IPoIB failed on stress testing
	Under debug - Eli & Jack
uDAPL bug should be provided too - Arlin

2. OFED 1.4:
	- Kernel rebase status: we have prepared the new tree, make-dist
pass but compilation still fails.
	  Any help to resolve compilation issues is welcome.
ofed_kernel
	  Vlad will send status soon
	- Update from the participants (mainly on new
components/features):
	  - NFSoRDMA - Jeff is working now on OFED 1.3 on SLES 10 and
will do porting for 1.4 later
	  - Management - no update but a lot of activity on the list
	  - Multiple EQs to best fit multi-core systems - definition
ongoing
	  - RDMA CM to support IPv6 - Seems no one will do it so I will
remove this from the plans
	  - IB BMME and iWARP equivalent memory extensions (Steve):
	    Verbs are under definition; Chelsio already implemented them
and planning to change NFSoRDMA to use them.
          Mellanox plan to implement them too with ConnectX.

3. Upgrade memory in the OFA server:
   We need to upgrade the OFA server: memory, hard disk and Ubuntu
version
   Date selected is second week of June
   Johann - what is the procedure to get this going?

4. Web site update:
   Woody updated on improvements to the web site that should be
available in few weeks.

5. OpenSuse build system (Yiftah):
   Voltaire found its require more work that first planed and they put
this effort on hold for now.

Tziporet