[ewg] OFED Nov 10 2008 meeting minutes on OFED 1.4 status

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Nov 11 01:02:45 PST 2008

OFED Nov 10 2008 meeting minutes on OFED 1.4 status:

Meeting minutes on the web:
http://www.openfabrics.org/txt/documentation/linux/EWG_meeting_minutes/

Meeting Summary:
==============
* RC4 will be released on Tuesday Nov 11 (today)
* RC5 will be released next week on Monday Nov 17
* GA is planned for Nov 24
* All must send update for the documents and release notes for RC5
* We may need a short meeting to follow up on RC5 and the GA release
next Monday - stay tuned

Details:
=======
* Since there are some critical bugs we must have RC5.
* We do not wish to delay the release to Dec. thus we all must focus on
these bugs and do everything to resolve on time

Bugs to be fixed in RC5:

1323    	blo  	stefan.roscher at de.ibm.com  	IB/ehca:
possibility of kernel panic under certain circu... - in rc4
1370 	blo 	vlad at mellanox.co.il 		Ping over IPoIB I/F
fails after ifconfig down and up - ongoing
1364 	cri 	swise at opengridcomputing.com 	system hang on rmmod
cxgb3 in rhel4.7 - Steve please update
1365 	cri 	swise at opengridcomputing.com 	Panic on loading
iw_cxgb3 in RHEL 4.6 - Steve please update
1366 	cri 	swise at opengridcomputing.com 	Panic during boot-up
after an OFED install in RHEL 4.5 - Steve please update
1242 	cri 	yannick.cote at qlogic.com 	kernel panic while
running mpi2007 against ofed1.4 -- ib_... - ongoing
1289 	maj 	amirv at mellanox.co.il 		Ib and ipoib doesnt
respond while running multiple tests ... -ongoing
1349 	maj 	amirv at mellanox.co.il 		Kernel panic on sdp -
ongoing
1336 	maj 	vlad at mellanox.co.il 		Can't to unloading the
mlx4_ib module on ppc64 - we will try to reproduce

Tziporet