[ewg] trouble getting NFS/RDMA modules to load

John Fitzgerald John.Fitzgerald at Sun.COM
Fri Nov 21 12:50:08 PST 2008

I've been trying to get NFS/RDMA setup and working on a Linux client,
but have been hitting some roadblocks.
I'm using a 2.6.26 kernel, and have gotten NFS on setup as a client
working over TCP/Ethernet, and working TCP/IB, but can't get RDMA
modules to load.

The errors are the same as listed in an old posting (shown below) except
with "svcrdma" the module not loading:
svcrdma: disagrees about version of symbol ib_create_cq
svcrdma: Unknown symbol ib_create_cq

I get the same errors if I try to load xprtrdma.  I searched around for
a solution to the problem below but struck out.  The posting below is
old (OFED 1.2), I'm using OFED 1.4, and see the same thing with rc1 and rc5.

Any advice?

Thanks,
John.
john.fitzgerald at sun.com

Old posting shown here:

[openfabrics-ewg] bug 355 - problems building modules that depend on the
ofed 1.2 modules
Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Thu Feb 15 09:12:06 PST 2007