[ewg] Panel at SC08/Austin

Hebenstreit, Michael michael.hebenstreit at intel.com
Fri Nov 21 15:10:19 PST 2008

At the session I raised points about missing documentation and was askled to summarize my ideas and write it to this list. specifically I would like to see

a) a PDF binder of all mans/docs already available in the distribution on the web site
b) a howto start with OFED (example: a collegue of mine had no idea that he needs a running opensm ...)
c) for each special feature like "ipoib, sdp, opensm..." one or two pages describing WHAT the technology want's to achieve, plus some examples how it is used; how to enable/configure it
d) on technologies like VERB/DAPL/...: one or two pages describing WHAT the technology want's to achieve, plus some examples how it is used; a few simple examples how to program with the libraries (at the level of a MPI introduction)

best regards
Michael

Michael Hebenstreit                 Senior Cluster Architect
Intel Corporation                   Software and Services Group/DRD
2800 N Center Dr, DP3-307           Tel.:   +1 253 371 3144
WA 98327, DuPont
UNITED STATES                       E-mail: michael.hebenstreit at intel.com