[ewg] ***SPAM*** NFS-RDMA compilation problem

Amar Mudrankit amar.mudrankit at qlogic.com
Thu Oct 23 07:50:53 PDT 2008

While I was trying to install OFED-1.4-rc3 over SLES 10 SP 2 with
NFS-RDMA selected for installation, I got the following error message:

nfs-utils-1.1.1 rpm is required to build kernel-ib

I have downloaded and installed successfully, the nfs-utils-1.1.4
**source .tgz** from   http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/nfs,
still I was hit with the same error message.

I was not able to find out nfs-utils rpm that would install over SLES
10 SP 2.  Can anybody please point me to the location of rpm? Why is
OFED installation unable to detect the latest installation of nfs
utils compiled from source and is fully dependent upon the rpm
installation?

Regards,
Amar