[ewg] OFED status toward RC1

Jeff Becker Jeffrey.C.Becker at nasa.gov
Thu Sep 4 14:53:34 PDT 2008

OK - I think I have a fix (see below)

Vladimir Sokolovsky wrote:
> Jeff Becker wrote:
>> Hi Vlad.
>>
>> Tziporet Koren wrote:

>>> So we will wait with RC1 for Monday
>>> Can you send first patches to Vlad today so he will try them tomorrow,
>>> therwise if we will have a problem it will delay the release to Tuesday
>> My first cut of the NFSRDMA SLES10SP2 backport is done and pushed to
>> the server. Can you please pull from
>> www.openfabrics.org:/projects/ ~jbecker/nfs_rdma_ofed_1_4.git ? You
>> should get several backport header patches, and two patch files with
>> the code - rnfs_fs.patch (for fs/{lockd,nfs,nfsd}) and rnfs_net.patch
>> (for net/sunrpc/{*.c, auth_gss, xprtrdma}). I believe
>> ofed_checkout.sh was also fixed.
>>
>> Is this easy for you, or would you rather I generate a set of e-mail
>> patches?
>>
>> BTW. I still need to update build_ofa_kernel.sh and install.pl
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -jeff
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Tziporet
>>

> Hi Jeff,
> I got conflicts while pulling from your git tree:
> ~jbecker/nfs_rdma_ofed_1_4.git ofed_kernel
>
> Auto-merged
> kernel_addons/backport/2.6.16_sles10_sp2/include/linux/stddef.h
> CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in
> kernel_addons/backport/2.6.16_sles10_sp2/include/linux/stddef.h
>
> Please make sure you are working on the updated git tree
> (ofed_1_4/linux-2.6.git ofed_kernel).

It seems that git is having a problem because I created this file in my
tree on 8/15, and a later commit to your tree
(36a16b9d6b40798454b030065cb585a8c9edc406) created it on 8/17. I
git-rm'd the file from my tree, and copied the one from yours, which
works for my build (and fixed a typo). Please retry the merge. Thanks.

-jeff