[ewg] Moving to new server

Alexander Schmidt alexs at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Apr 2 06:15:38 PDT 2009

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 21:38:54 -0500
Steve Wise <swise at opengridcomputing.com> wrote:

> Jeff Becker wrote:
> > Hi Sasha
> >
> > Sasha Khapyorsky wrote:
> >> Hi Jeff,

> >> Thanks for your work.
> >>
> >> I copied my trees and basically it works. Few things are missing:
> >>
> >> 1. ~username symbolic links under /pub/scm. So things like:
> >>
> >>   git clone git://69.55.231.68/~sashak/management
> >>
> >> , don't work yet.
> >>
> >> 2. Mail server (guess postfix) is not configured and mailx is not
> >> installed - both can be useful (and was used on current server) for
> >> git commit notification.
> >>
> >> 3. No gitweb yet.
> >>

> > I plan on setting these up after a good number of developers have
> > moved their git trees - just a handful right now. Thanks.
> >
> Can you setup the /pub/scm/~username links now so we can use the new
> server now that we've moved our git trees over?

I would also like to get one of these links so that I can test a remote
checkout of the tree, the libehca git has now been moved to

	/home/alexschm/scm/libehca.git

In addition, could someone set my default shell to /bin/bash? /bin/sh is
a bit limited and I don't want to execute bash everytime I log in ;)

Thanks,
Alex