[ewg] OFED (EWG) Feb 9, 2009 meeting minutes

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Wed Feb 11 07:09:35 PST 2009

These are the OFED (EWG) meeting minutes for Feb 09 on OFED 1.4.1
release

Meeting Summary:
==============
1. Agreed on 1.4.1 release schedule - GA is planed for April 7
2. Reviewed 1.4.1 status
3. Reviewed Sonoma agenda

Details:
======
1. OFED 1.4.1 schedule:
*	RC1 - Mar 3
*	RC2 - Mar 17
*	RC3 - Mar 31
*	GA  - Apr 7

2. OFED 1.4.1 release status:
> *	New OSes:
> *	RH 5.3 - done
> *	SLES 11 - schedule is OK. RC3 already available, need to create
> backports
Tziporet to check with Novell if we can place the sources on the OFA
server
*	Open MPI - we will take 1.3.1
> *	RDS with iWARP support - good progress
> *	NFS/RDMA backports - RHEL 5.2 should be ready in 2 weeks
> *	Critical bug fixes
> As far as I know these are the critical bugs that should be fixed:
> 	1383    	blo  	jackm at mellanox.co.il  	Local protection
> error on transmit from ipoib datagram to... - on work
		1287 	maj	jackm at mellanox.co.il	IPoIB datagram
mode initial packet loss - we will check if we can fix this
*	Need to add 1.4.1 to bugzilla

> 3. Sonoma updates from Bill Boas:
> Bill sent the agenda - and we reviewed it in the meeting
Comments and suggestions should be sent to Bill.
There is a need for more PR - if companies are willing to put the Press
release on on their web site