[ewg] RE: OFED Jan 5, 2009 meeting minutes on OFED plans

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Wed Jan 7 07:07:23 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 14:00 -0800, Ryan, Jim wrote:
> Sean, I think that's a good point. What it suggests to me is asking when someone proposes a "non-standard" feature, what process, procedures, documentation, support, etc. if any, should be made available by the entity making the proposal?
>
> It seems to me asking the same questions of all proposed features is fair and reasonable, and shouldn't represent an unreasonable barrier to progress.
>
> Thoughts? If this already exists, it's my ignorance and I will apologize in advance
>
> Thanks again, Jim

FWIW, this is the question I ask before accepting OFED kernel patches
into our kernel.  With the exception of SDP (which was intentionally
allowed) and qlgc_vnic (which was unintentionally allowed), if it's not
either in the upstream linux kernel, or slated for inclusion, then I
don't include it in our kernel.  Hence why xrc and rds support still
isn't in our products.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194