[ewg] OFED (EWG) meeting agenda for tomorrow (Jan 26)

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Sun Jan 25 05:10:48 PST 2009

These are the agenda items for the meeting tomorrow:

1. Decide on 1.4.1 release
If yes - what is the scope of the release (suggestions: RH 5.3, SLES 11,
RDS with iWARP, Open MPI 1.3)
According to decisions we took in point releases we add only new OSes
and critical bug fixes.
Since some of the above features are not standing in this criteria we
need to decide.

2. OFED 1.5 kernel base
In last meeting we decided on 2.6.29. However there is a concern: 2.6.29
is already in release phase (RC2 is out), thus any new kernel code that
we will develop will be posted for 2.6.30 only, and then we will need to
back-port it if we will want to take it to 1.5.
Thus it seems it is more reasonable to have the kernel base 2.6.30

3. OFED 1.5 schedule
Betsy from Qlogic suggested to early the release.
>From the other hand Olga from Voltaire asked to stay with the July time
frame.
Based on the decisions in 1 & 2 we should decide on the release
schedule.

Tziporet