[ewg] OFED 1.4's autoconf.h conflicting with kernel

Poornima Kamath (Contractor) poornima.kamath at qlogic.com
Thu Jan 29 04:59:44 PST 2009

Hi Brian,

You can  create another autoconf.h file and define all the variables that are being overridden by OFED and which you want defined in that file.
Consider you keep this autoconf.h in /usr/src/test/linux directory.
So then you can specifically include it in the following way.
  -include include/linux/autoconf.h -include /usr/src/ofa_kernel/include/linux/autoconf.h -include /usr/src/test/linux/autoconf.h
This will take care of the variables being defined correctly.
Now you also will have to include the following
      -I  /usr/src/test  -I/usr/src/ofa_kernel/include/
   This is  so that if you have any files with <linux/autoconf.h>, then autoconf.h will be taken from /usr/src/test/
Thus variables in OFED autoconf.h will be overridden by the ones in your autoconf.h
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Poornima