[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting minutes for July 13, 2009

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Jul 14 14:00:35 PDT 2009

These are the meeting minutes for EWG/OFED meeting for July 13 09

Meeting summary
===============
1. OFED 1.5 alpha release is still not ready due to compilation issues
2. OFED 1.4.2: Bug fixes will be submitted soon. RC is expected this week and GA next week.

Details:
========
1. OFED 1.5 alpha release

    * RHEL 5.4 - we will take backports
    * SLES 10 SP3 - Tziporet to ask Novell if the kernel available somewhere
    * New Qlogic driver will be sent to kernel soon
    * PPC64 - compilation fails on mthca - Mellanox to fix it
    * Management package compilation still fail - Sasha is working to fix
    * Decided to leave sa cache patches since Qlogic are using them

2. OFED 1.4.2:
Brian found more bugs on 1.4.1 - 4 bugs are opened, fixes are under testing
major change in the headers will not be done in 1.4.2 since it put
release stability on a risk (can be done in 1.5)

Discussion: Who will use 1.4.2:

    * Lustre customers
    * NFS/RDMA users

1.4.2  Quality disclaimer

    * We do not going to recommend the distros to take OFED 1.4.2 as
      package since it is less tested and have not passed interop and
      OFA logo testing
    * Note should be written in RN on this.

Note: To prevent such case in the future EWG ask Sun to test Lustre on
OFED 1.5 on the RCs

Comments: I will be on vacation in time frame for next meeting. Betsy
Zeller will replace me

Tziporet