[ewg] RE: OFED libraries - on the web at last

Todd Rimmer todd.rimmer at qlogic.com
Wed Jun 10 16:51:40 PDT 2009

What does this category mean:
Private but used by some apps:

I see that libibcommon is in this category, however I have observed that mvapich and mvapich2, link with this library.  Which in turn means that all MPI user applications built with mvapich or mvapich2 also link with it.

Just do an ldd on any MPI application built with mvapich or mvapich2 (including those included with OFED as mpitests) and you'll see that libibcommon is in the list.

If you check the mvapich.spec file in the srpm you will see:
./configure --enable-sharedlib --with-device=%{mpi_device} --with-arch=LINUX -
-prefix=%{build_root}%{_prefix} $CONFIG_ENABLE_F77 $CONFIG_ENABLE_F90 $COMPILER_
CONFIG -lib="-L$IB_LIB -libverbs -libumad -libcommon -lpthread $EXTRA_CFLAG" $MP
E_FLAGS $CONFIG_FLAGS

I checked both OFED 1.4 and 1.4.1 and both use this library.

Todd Rimmer
Chief Architect
QLogic Network Systems Group