[ewg] question about sles 11 backport

Brian J. Murrell brian at sun.com
Tue Mar 3 11:39:04 PST 2009

I'm looking at the latest tree for the 1.4.1 release, and while I see a

kernel_patches/backport/2.6.27_sles11/to_sles11.patch

I don't see any subdir in kernel_addons/backport for sles 11.

That brings me to 2 questions...

     1. is what are in the kernel_patches/backport directory patches
        that get applied to the OFA source directly in order to work
        with a given kernel?
     2. does the lack of a kernel_addons/backport directory for sles 11
        mean that there are no kernel "include" changes needed for the
        sles 11 kernel to build the OFED stack?

TIA for any insight you can provide.

Cheers,
b.