[ewg] error with RHEL 5.3 backports in 1.4.1-rc2

Brian J. Murrell brian at sun.com
Mon Mar 30 12:08:02 PDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 14:23 -0500, Jon Mason wrote:

Hi Jon,

> If you have
> writeback.h and mpage.h included in lustre_compat25.h (or one of the
> other files), the it could be causing this.

Indeed, we do include both:

#include <linux/writeback.h>
#include <linux/mpage.h>        /* for generic_writepages */

in lustre_compat25.h.

> Feel free to file a bug.

I can and will if you wish.  If you would prefer to just deal with this
here, that is fine with me too.  I just want to work within whatever
processes work best for y'all.

> One way to resolve it would be to move
> kernel_addons/backport/2.6.18-EL5.3/include/linux/writeback.h
> kernel_addons/backport/2.6.18-EL5.3/include/linux/mpage.h
>
> I can send you a quick patch to try out, if you are interested.

Sure.  I'm interested in whatever suggestions you might have.

b.