[ewg] RHEL5 backports and crypto functions

Brian J. Murrell brian at sun.com
Mon May 4 13:06:34 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 14:46 -0500, Jon Mason wrote:
> On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 02:15:39PM -0500, Jon Mason wrote:
> > Hey Brian,
> > I've attached a patch for RHEL5.3 which should enable you to compile on
> > Solaris.  I've done a quick sniff test on my systems, and I do not see
> > any issues.
> >
> > Please confirm that it works for you, and I'll make the necessary
> > changes for RHEL5.1 and RHEL 5.2.
>
> Did this do the trick for you?

Sorry for not getting back to you Jon.  Unfortunately, I've had some
other work pre-empt this for today.  I hope to get cracking on it first
thing tomorrow though.

I do know that at where I left off, I found that I was running into
crypto vs. ncrypto funniness.  It's not just the header that has a
different name.  Some of the data objects in the header are subject to
s/crypto/ncrypto/ substitutions as well, and I am still trying to figure
out how to deal with this in a portable manner.

b.