[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting meeting minutes for May 4, 09

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue May 5 04:01:51 PDT 2009

These are the OFED meeting minutes for May 4 09:

1. OFED 1.4.1 is delayed:
    RC5 is planed for next Monday May 11.
    GA for May 14
2. OFED 1.5 schedule: will be delayed to October since 1.4.1 is delayed
3. MPI memory registration API request: We decided to have a special
meeting on this subject next week on the same slot.

Reminder:
OFED roadmap on the web:
http://www.openfabrics.org/txt/woody/roadmap.txt
EWG meeting minutes:
http://www.openfabrics.org/txt/documentation/linux/EWG_meeting_minutes/

Details:
======

1. OFED 1.4.1 bugs status

These are the open critical bugs:

ID 	Sev 	OS 	Assignee 		 	Summary
1616 	cri 	RHEL 	jon at opengridcomputing.com 	iommu_alloc
error when running connectathon on ppc64 nfs ... - we see similar
problem in SDP with bug 1612 in PPC. IBM will try to help in debug.
1571 	cri 	RHEL 	vu at mellanox.com 		nfsrdma server
crash @test5 connectathon basic test - related to mlx4 implementation,
fix is under test

Other bugs:
1620 	cri 	Other 	jon at opengridcomputing.com 	backport
definition of struct hash_desc doesn't match the... - There is a fix;
wait for ok from Brian
1287 	maj 	RHEL 	bugzilla at openib.org 		IPoIB datagram
mode initial packet loss - document in RN and say there is a workaround
1596 	maj 	Othe 	Jeffrey.C.Becker at nasa.gov 	openibd stop
failed when nfs is loaded - we will document it for 1.4.1 and do a
better fix for 1.5
1621 	maj 	RHEL 	vu at mellanox.com 		RHEL 5.3 + OFED
1.4.1-rc4: loading ib_sprt kernel module ...  - was usage issue only
1623    	maj  	Othe  	shirif at voltaire.com  	  	IB
Devices not found on SLES11, ia64 (HP Blade) - seems FW configuration
issue

We decided to wait for another week to fix the PPC issue.
New schedule is:
* RC5 next Monday - May 11
* GA Thu May 14

2. OFED 1.5 schedule
Release is delayed by a month.
We do not wish to delay any more since we wish to have one major OFED
release each year and we want the new OFED release before SC09
Kernel base will stay 2.6.30

This is the new schedule is:
	Feature Freeze: Jun 7, 09
	Alpha Release:  Jun 12, 09
	Beta Release:	Jun 9, 09
	RC1:                 Jul 25, 09
	RC2-RCx: About every 2 weeks as needed
	We usually have ~6 RCs
	Release:            Oct 15, 09

Note: Jeff S. suggests that we drop MPI from the OFED package. We will
discuss this after 1.4.1 release.

3. MPI new memory API
We will have next week a special meeting on this subject. Jeff will
prepare the meeting.

Tziporet