[ewg] /dev/infiniband/rdma_cm not created

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed May 13 12:18:50 PDT 2009

On May 13, 2009, at 3:12 PM, Woodruff, Robert J wrote:

> Check to see if some other driver failed to load.
> I think I have seen before that if another driver
> fails to load, the start script bails out and
> does not load the other drivers.
>
> Perhaps try doing a /etc/init.d/openibd restart
> manually to see if something is failing to load.

Weird -- doing it manually shows no problem:

[root at svbu-mpi055 ~]# /etc/init.d/openibd restart
Unloading HCA driver:                                      [  OK  ]
Setting up InfiniBand network interfaces:
Bringing up interface ib0:                                 [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface ib1:                                 [  OK  ]
Setting up service network . . .                           [  done  ]
[root at svbu-mpi055 ~]# ls -l /dev/infiniband/rdma_cm
crw-rw-rw-  1 root root 10, 62 May 13 12:17 /dev/infiniband/rdma_cm
[root at svbu-mpi055 ~]#

Something must be going wrong during the bootup.  I'm unfortunately
several thousand miles from the server and don't have a serial
console.  I guess I'll insert some initlog's in /etc/init.d/openibd...

--
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems