[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting meeting minutes for May 18, 09

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue May 19 08:09:55 PDT 2009

These are the OFED meeting minutes for May 18 09:

1. OFED 1.4.1 is delayed:
    RC6 is planed for this week once bug 1596 is resolved
    GA will be 5 days later
2. OFED 1.5: We will close schedule in next meeting.
    Kernel tree is available to start backports

Reminder:
OFED roadmap on the web:
http://www.openfabrics.org/txt/woody/roadmap.txt
EWG meeting minutes:
http://www.openfabrics.org/txt/documentation/linux/EWG_meeting_minutes/

Details:
======
> 1. OFED 1.4.1 bugs status:
> *	1596 	cri 	Jeffrey.C.Becker at nasa.gov 	openibd stop
> failed when nfs is loaded -  RHEL 5.x are done, wait for SLES10 SP2
*	MVAPICH will be replaced for a bug fix - under work

> 2. New memory registration API
> *	Need to follow the list and see what will be the resolution
>
> 3. OFED 1.5 status:
*	Kernel git tree: URL:
git://git.openfabrics.org/ofed_1_5/linux-2.6.git
Branch: ofed_kernel_1_5
*	We already have backports of kernel.org kernels 2.6.24 -->
2.6.29.
The backports compile for core modules, mthca, mlx4, ipoib, and sdp.
(not run yet)
*	We may need to push freeze for June 20 (plan was Jun 7) - will
decide it in next meeting on June 1
*	All user space packages (as we decided at Sonoma) must be ready
for the beta release (will not be required for the alpha)