[ewg] Crash in iw_cxgb3 (Chelsio) in OFED 1.4.1

Viral Mehta viral.mehta at einfochips.com
Tue Nov 3 21:02:50 PST 2009

There is a comment above the code...
"
/*               * Now rptr is the index for the (last) cqe that was
                * in-flight at the time the HW rearmed the CQ.  We
                * spin until that CQE is valid.
                */
"

It is waiting for CQE to be valid which was in-flight when CQ was armed.
And beneath that printk says, RNIC is stalled and which looks the case
here..
Anyway, Chelsio people will have the solution. But, I have a point if
printk is valid, it should be shifted above BUG_ON(1) to print one more
appropriate message.

Thanks,
Viral Mehta,
Embedded Software Engineer,
Tel. No. 91 79 26563705, Ext. 423
www.einfochips.com <http://www.einfochips.com>

pandit ib wrote:
> We are seeing a kernel panic in iw_cxgb3 in OFED 1.4.1 (attached screen shot)
>
> The problem seems to be happening at....
>
> ofa_kernel-1.4.1/drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb3/cxio_hal.c:112
>

>  109                 while (!CQ_VLD_ENTRY(rptr, cq->size_log2, cqe)) {
>  110                         udelay(1);
>  111                         if (i++ > 1000000) {
>  112               -------->        BUG_ON(1);
>  113                                 printk(KERN_ERR "%s: stalled rnic\n",
>  114                                        rdev_p->dev_name);
>  115                                 return -EIO;
>  116                         }
>  117                 }
>

> Any ideas?
> Is it a known issue and if so is there a fix or workaround?
>

> Thanks,
> Ranjit
>

> Email Scanned for Virus & Dangerous Content by : www.CleanMailGateway.com

Disclaimer: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it
are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally
privileged and confidential information. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of
this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and please delete it from your computer. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
unless otherwise stated.Company has taken enough precautions to prevent
the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any