[ewg] Re: [ofw] SC'09 BOF - Meeting notes

Liran Liss liranl at mellanox.co.il
Mon Nov 23 00:27:32 PST 2009

As far as core APIs go, the patch set introduces 2 basic additions
rather than changes:
- A new ABI function to resolve gids to macs - ib_get_mac()
- A new kernel ib_device function to get the port transport -
ib_get_port_transport().
There are no changes to the Verbs API.

All the address resolution stuff is contained in the cma code, so I
think we code extend its logic in the future without breaking things at
the interface level.
Do you have anything specific in mind?

--Liran