[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting minutes for Oct 05, 09

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Oct 6 08:43:09 PDT 2009

EWG/OFED the meeting minutes for Oct 05, 2009

Meeting summary:

----------------

* This was a short meeting on OFED 1.5 status

* 1.5 RC1 will be released on Wed 10/8/09

* Discussed SC09 OFA BOF

Meeting details:

----------------

1. OFED 1.5 release status and release dates

OSes support status:

As of today we have backports for all OSes:

- RHEL4: up6, up7, up8

- RHEL5: up2, up3, up4

- SLES10: SP2, SP3

- SLES 11

- Fedora Core 11*

- OpenSuSE 11*

- Kernel.org: 2.6.18-2.6.30

Vlad will release OFED  1.5 RC1 tomorrow

MVAPICH: will be updated to a new version (Jonathan to send details) for
RC2

In next meeting we will review testing coverage of all companies, and
will start bugs status review

2. SC08 OFA BOF:

- Woody will prepare first strawman and will send to review and feedback

- Jeff suggested web-ex session from Cisco so people not in SC09 will be
able to join the meeting

Tziporet